The David Gibbons Foundation
14 Fore Street
Phone: 01395 445259
Charity Number: 1134727
The David Gibbons Foundation
Applications to the David Gibbons Foundation must be for adults or
children living in Devon (with a preference for East Devon) who are
either classed as elderly, or suffering from sickness or disability, or
are impoverished. If your application does not satisfy these criteria
then please do not apply as your application will not be processed.
Those suffering from ‘sickness’ can include mental or physical illnesses, or disabilities.
More information about the David Gibbons Foundation can be found on the Charity Commission's website, here.
The Trustees meet on a regular basis and your application will be considered at the next meeting.
How to Apply for a Grant from The David Gibbons Foundation
To apply to the David Gibbons Foundation please read the following information and then complete the relevant application form.
There are 3 application forms:
- Form for charities and not-for-profit organisations.
- Form for individuals applying for themselves or for a family member.
- Form for organisations applying on behalf of an individual, such as a social worker or housing officer.
General Information for All Applicants
- All applications must specify an amount applied for.
- If your application is successful please acknowledge receipt of the grant in writing to the office address. Applicants that do not acknowledge grants are unlikely to receive further grants in the future.
- The Trustees are keen to hear from successful applicants after a time by way of progress reports, and various successful applicants of larger grants will be asked to provide these.
- After this initial application by post most communication from the office will be in the form of email. If you prefer not to have emails sent to you then please do not include your email address.
1. Application form for Charities and Not-for-Profit organisations.
- Please include a covering letter on your own organisation’s letter headed paper, telling us very briefly why you are applying. This can then be attached to your application form.
- Also feel free to send any small newsletters, brochures, leaflets that you feel may help the Trustees understand your organisation. (Please no DVDs or CDs).
- All registered charities applying are checked by us on the Charity Commission Website. Please only send your latest financial accounts if they are not available on the Charity Commission Website.
- If you wish any potential grant from The David Gibbons Foundation to be paid by BACS then you must include bank identification with your application form. A copy of a bank statement, or a paying-in slip, are ideal to show your organisation’s name, sort code and account number.
To download the application form for the David Gibbons Foundation please click on the button here:
2. Application form to The David Gibbons Foundation for Individual applicants (or family members applying on behalf of an individual).
- At least one letter of reference must be included with your application form and there is space to write the details of your referee on the form.
Examples of suitable referees include:Sport coach or manager, Local authority officer, religious leader, healthcare professional, school teacher, youth worker, social worker, police officer, housing officer.
It is likely that this referee will be contacted by us before a meeting of the Trustees.
- If possible it is helpful to your application if you can include a copy of some personal identification. A copy of a birth certificate, driving licence or passport is requested, but not essential, to your application.
- Any potential grants to individuals are paid by cheque.
To download the application form for The David Gibbons Foundation please click on the button here:
3. Application form to The David Gibbons Foundation for Organisations applying on behalf of an individual.
- This form would be used by any applying in their professional capacity for an individual. For example a social worker, housing officer, charity worker applying for a client would use this form.
- However, multiple applications from one Housing Association on behalf of various individuals are discouraged. Once a housing association has applied to the David Gibbons Foundation a few times then the Association itself will be encouraged to apply in its own right for a larger one off grant. The Housing Association would then be expected to administer the grant itself and report back to the David Gibbons Foundation before any further grants would be considered.
- In all cases it is our preference to pay any potential grants to, and have them administered by, the person making the application, rather than the intended recipient. Please make this clear in your application whether you are happy with this arrangement.
- A covering letter on your own professional letter headed paper is welcomed with the application.
- Similarly copies of identification of the intended recipient will enhance your application. A copy of a birth certificate, driving license or passport would be ideal.
To download the application form from The David Gibbons Foundation please click on the button here: